Charles Frederick Tolbert EdD
Candidate for U S Senate Florida 2018
Issues: Some of my ideas…Your thoughts, input or comments
Bring back draft-all 18 years serve one year
• A military draft is beneficial because it expands the military in size and age range. A draft provides a quick way for the military to expand
its size because of the thousands of people who will be required to join. The military will also benefit from fewer expenses in advertising for recruits. Military drafts help to reach young people who may not be in touch with their government system. People in their early 20s will be required to join the military and learn about how the government functions. Young people are also strong and can bear the military life longer than those who are older.
• Discipline is a benefit of a military draft. The intense military training and drills produce discipline in those who may lack the skill. Draft recruits will learn how to awake early in the morning, keep a tidy living space and follow those in authority. Young people who are drafted will benefit from learning how to respect military officials and themselves. The physical training in the military teaches men and women how to discipline their bodies for better health. They may continue to discipline themselves and stay healthy after leaving the military.
• A benefit of enlisting a military draft is to secure America’s status among other nations. WashingtonMonthly.compublished an article by Phillip Carter and Paul Glastris called, “The Case for the Draft.” The authors state that a draft helps America remain as the world’s superpower. A modernized draft would ensure that everyone in the country participates, including the privileged. If everyone participates, the U.S. military will remain one of the largest in the world. The article suggests creating a large number of ground troops with a draft. According to the article, an all-volunteer military will not help American remain as a superpower in the 21st century.
Read more: Good Things About the Military Draft | eHow.comhttp://www.ehow.com/list_7479862_good-things-military-draft.html#ixzz1mq9PdNX far within 100 miles of their home, in return they receive four years of college tuition paid in full.
Train and release, after review, individuals incarcerated except for murders, rapist and child molesters, in return they commit to four years of duty to help protect America in foreign lands. Upon receiving a honorable discharge four years of college or cross trained in to another field.
According to the advocacy group, Consensus Building Institute, the rising rate of prison releases is becoming a major concern for agencies that are directly involved in the reintegration process. It drains their resources. To help in the efforts, the federal government signed the Second Chance Act into law on April 9, 2008. The purpose of the law is to allow the public and private agencies to get funding from the federal government to provide assistance to the ex-offenders.
1. Housing Assistance
• Unless an inmate has a family to go home to, one major problem for an individual just released from prison is having a place to live. The National Reentry Resource Center has a nationwide database of transitional housing, sober living homes and even affordable housing available to ex-prisoners. The agency also has lists of many other services.
Career and Vocational Training
• Career One Stop is a program sponsored by the United States Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration. Its goal is to provide opportunity to ex-offenders to learn or update their skills, further their education and develop their careers. The department partners with community colleges and training centers to provide affordable education to individuals who come out of prison.
• The National H.I.R.E. Network educates ex-offenders about their legal rights. Some employers have the tendency to reject a job applicant who has a criminal record. In many states, the employers are prohibited from denying jobs to applicants based solely on their past convictions. The agency also gives guidance to those with criminal records to help them prepare for the application and interview process. It provides training and assistance to agencies that help the ex-offenders find employment. H.I.R.E. stands for Helping Individuals with criminal records Re-enter through Employment.
Mentoring and Spiritual Guidance
• The Association of Gospel Rescue Missions provides a variety of assistance not just to the homeless but also to the ex-offenders. There are rescue missions in almost every state in the country. The missions provide emergency and transitional housing, food, clothing, employment assistance, health care assistance and mentoring. Their goal is not just to provide for the physical needs of a person but also to spiritually nurture the individual.
Read more: Help for Inmates That Are Being Released From Prison | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/list_7365899_inmates-being-released-prison.html#ixzz1mqBeAOzu
Elimination of the IRS (HS 25 )
Immigration policies will become a lesser issue when HS 25 is passed, consumption tax will make money from everyone who buys anything
To promote freedom, fairness, and economic opportunity by repealing the income tax and other taxes, abolishing the Internal Revenue Service, and enacting a national sales tax to be administered primarily by the States.
Sponsor: Rep. Rob Woodall [R-GA7]
This bill is in the first step in the legislative process. Explanation: Introduced bills and resolutions first go to committees that deliberate, investigate, and revise them before they go to general debate. The majority of bills and resolutions never make it out of committee (H.R. 25: Fair Tax Act of 2011
Reduce all mortgages to current market value and loans set for 5 years at 2%.
Basically if the Government were to standardize mortgages we would not have the foreclosures that have happened.
Each person would have a new mortgage of equal to, or lesser than, the true market value of their home.
Each house that is mortgaged would have a fixed 2 to 3.5 per cent interest rate (depending on their ability to pay) on their mortgage and the payments would be amortized over 40 years.
Everybody would have their taxes and insurance payment collected each month into an escrow account to be paid by the mortgage holder.
Forgive all student loans for all individuals who have served at least two years in the military.
If we believe that public servants should have student loans forgiven why not those who served the military?
Set up a committee with members from each state, to review and restructure the school system K-12. In addition review the constitution where the state and federal government must work together.
Turn over the education system K-12 to the private sector oversight committees both state and federal.
Turn over the Post Office, to be ran by the private sector, with the Federal Post Office becoming and on line agency for certified mail and start a online federal post office.
Reduce the Federal Government by 30%
Influx money into small business and curtail outsourcing to other countries
Supreme court judges no more than 8 to 12 years terms
Copy Editor: Vilet Dye…firstname.lastname@example.org